08:00 to 11:00
08 May 2018
The French Chamber of Commerce supports the efforts of International Coastal Clean-Up Singapore (ICCS) for the second year, by leading a Big Beach Clean-Up action on Monday 21st of May - in the early morning, when the tide is out and the air is still cool.
Away from our eyes and the nice public beaches of Singapore, the marine and coastal wildlife of this small island is suffocating under tons of trash brought in every day by the tides. The ICCS volunteering programmes aim to remove trashes and collect data on the debris from shorelines, waterways and beaches. The work of thousands of volunteers helps to protect coastal mangroves and wildlife. The information collected serves to educate the public on marine debris issues and to encourage positive change.
We invite you to do your part in helping to save the marine and coastal wildlife in Singapore, and to champion environmental awareness locally. By volunteering your company, you can show our common determination to act as responsible corporate citizens in our host country. French companies are often cited as example for their Sustainability and CSR awareness and actions.
Because together we are stronger, let’s team up and work toward a good cause, and make a big impact on our environment, while meeting peers who share the same concerns.
Last year 2.6 tons of trashes has been collected thanks to 400 participants from 40 companies. Let's do more this year! Watch the video of last year's CSR Day below!
A participation of 15SGD per person will cover the expenses:
- gloves for everyone
- weighting scales
- writing boards and pens for data recording
- the shuttle bus from and to Tanah Merah MRT Station
- a light welcome snack
- a video and photos we will share with you and you can use for your communication
- 7.30am - 8.00am: Shuttles from Tanah Merah MRT
- 8.00am: Meeting at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal for those with their own transportation
- 8.00am - 8.30am: Beach Cleanup briefing, distribution of gloves and writing boards and light welcome snack
- 8.30am - 8.40am: Enter the beach and group photo
- 8.40am - 10.00am: Trashes collection and recording by group of 4. Trash weighing.
- 10.00am - 10.30am: Human chain to bring all the trashes to the collection point on the car park
- 10.30am - 11am: Shuttles to Tanah Merah MRT or your own transportation
Note: Due to the nature of the trashes on that beach and the wild environment, we will accept registration only for adults. Thanks for your kind understanding.
Official Hashtags: #BeachCleanUp #CSR #Sustainability #StrongerTogether #CoastalCleanUp