08:30 to 10:00
27 Mar 2019
Activity Based Working – an underutilised lever for engagement and business success?
The physical workplace has typically been managed by real estate, many times in isolation from the business and from HR. However, what if the workplace could bring about a new way of working and bring out the best in an organisation’s people? Activity Based Working (ABW) was born in Europe 30 years ago to disrupt our existing work practices and provide employees with the freedom to work anywhere, anyhow and anytime.
With the changing nature of work and enabling IT tools, our current work environment is increasingly complex, leading to overwhelm, stress, and overwork. This way of working comes at a great cost to our mental and physical health.
In re-thinking the way we work, ABW leverages the workplace as one of the most tangible levers for changing the way we fundamentally show up at work. This session explores how the physical workplace can be one of the most powerful HR and leadership levers in supporting a cultural shift towards a happier and healthier way of working. More importantly, this session explores some of the personal, professional, and societal implications to challenging deeply ingrained workplace practices that simply are not serving us anymore.
* The principles of Activity Based Working as a philosophy and catalyst for organisational change
* How ABW and the physical workplace supports cultural transformation towards higher levels of wellbeing in Asia Pacific?
* The myths of ABW – what it is and what it is not
* What are the HR, leadership, design, real estate and IT of an ABW program?
* How do you measure the success of ABW?
About the speakers
Veldhoen+Company are a 30 years old company, founded in the Netherlands and has now global presence – they are also known as the inventors of ABW.
- Dina Sagia and Fleur Groeneveld are both senior workstyle consultants at Veldhoen+Company in Asia.
Dina has several years of experience in project management and was responsible for planning and implementing New Ways of Working within the LEGO Singapore office.
She was the dedicated internal resource integrating the major organizational and behavioural change initiatives.
Fleur has several years of experience in leadership coaching and change management.
She was responsible for the change initiatives at NIBC Bank in The Netherlands during a large scale project implementing ABW.
Both Dina and Fleur will share their experiences working in an internal project team as well as their experiences as external consultants.
Dina and Fleur will hold an interactive session, sharing a lot of examples, best practices and lessons learnt from a lot of ABW and change management projects from Australia, Asia and Europe.
Who will this session be relevant for:
* C-tier business leaders who are interested in transformational ways to increase productivity through collaboration and drive a more innovative approach for their business by tapping into the energy and engagement of their employees
* HR senior professionals and change manager who are mandated to improve the employer-of-choice branding, employee wellbeing, retain and attract talent in an increasingly competitive environment.
Terms & Conditions
- This event is for members only.
- Full payment is required upon registration.
- Should you need to cancel, please do so no later than two working days before the date of the event.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- Please note that photographs and videos may be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes.