08:00 to 10:30
16 Nov 2018
Innovation has become an essential engine for growth in the digital economy, but many corporations are still struggling. Dr. Neil Thompson, and Capgemini Invent Global Leader, Didier Bonnet, to hear and discuss the findings from their newly-completed research study of over 300 corporations, on how large companies can improve their innovation effectiveness in the digital age.
They will summarize their research findings through three questions that are key to innovation in a digital world:
- Innovation Architecture―How can a firm best balance the exploitation of existing core assets and the exploration of new businesses, and organize effectively around this balance?
- Innovation Sources―How can a firm best source innovation, either from within the firm or outside of it?
- Innovation Capabilities―What capabilities are critical to support corporate innovation in the digital age?
- 8.00am: Registrations
- 8.30am: Event start
- 8.30am: Introduction of the Corporate innovation research
- 8.45am: Keynote on research findings
- 9.30am: Q&A
- 10.00am: Networking session
About the speakers
- Neil Thompson, Professor, MIT
Neil is a Research Scientist at MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab and a Visiting Professor at the Lab for Innovation Science at Harvard.
He is also an Associate Member of the Broad Institute, and was previously an Assistant Professor of Innovation and Strategy at the MIT Sloan School of Management, where he co-directed the Experimental Innovation Lab (X-Lab). He has advised businesses and government on the future of Moore’s Law and has been on National Academies panels on transformational technologies and scientific reliability.
He did his PhD in Business and Public Policy at Berkeley, where he also did Masters degrees in Computer Science and Statistics. He has a masters in Economics from the London School of Economics, and undergraduates degrees in Physics and International Development.
Prior to academia, he worked at organizations such as Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories, Bain and Company, The United Nations, the World Bank, and the Canadian Parliament
- Didier Bonnet, Consulting Global Practice Leader Digital Transformation, Capgemini
Dr. Didier Bonnet is Executive Vice President and Global Practice Leader at Capgemini Invent. He also acts as the Executive Sponsor for Capgemini's Digital Transformation offering, a key strategic initiative including a seven-year joint research collaboration with the MIT Sloan School’s Initiative on the Digital Economy.
Prior to this, Didier was the Global Leader of the Telecom, Media & Entertainment practice at Gemini Consulting for 15 years. He has more than 25 years' experience in strategy development, globalization, internet & digital economics as well as in business transformation for large multinational corporations.
Didier is co-author of the best-selling book: Leading Digital: Turning Technology into Business Transformation, published by Harvard Business Review Press
Follow Didier on twitter @didiebon.
Terms & Conditions
- Full payment is required upon registration.
- Should you need to cancel, please do so no later than two working days before the date of the event.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- Please note that photographs and videos may be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes.