08:30 to 10:00
01 Feb 2018
Indonesia is ASEAN’s largest economy and the world’s 4th most populous nation. It has a population of 238 million and a rapidly growing middle class. In 2017, its GDP growth is expected to be 5.2%.
- Batam is one of the 3,000 islands which make up the Riau Archipelago and is closest to Singapore, which is just 20 km or a 45 minute ferry ride away. Batam Island has a population of around 1.2 million. Its strategic location is complemented by its investor-friendly environment. Operating here comes with a multitude of cost-competitive advantages that includes space availability, steady labour supply and strong government support. The island is also home to modern, well-developed infrastructure that keeps businesses running smoothly.
About Gallant Venture Ltd
Gallant Venture Ltd is a public-listed company in Singapore focusing on commercial development and growth opportunities in the Riau Archipelago of Indonesia. Since our establishment in 1990s, we have been an important innovator in five keys business segments, namely utilities, industrial parks, resort operations, property development and automotive.
As an integrated master planner and developer for the industrial parks and resorts in Batam and Bintan, we develop, own and managed Batamindo Industrial Park in Batam and Bintan Industrial Estate in Bintan.
Both industrial parks are home to many MNCs and regional headquarters based in Singapore. Our Major Shareholders are Indonesia’s Salim Group and Singapore’s Sembcorp Development Ltd.
About Batamindo Industrial Park
The 320-hectare industrial park on Batam Island originated from an economic cooperation agreement between the Indonesia and Singapore governments back in 1989. Its success single-handedly transformed the economy of the island, attracting more than 69 MNC manufacturers and creating employment for 50,000 workers in the park. Designed with investors in mind, Batamindo Industrial Park (BIP) in Batam offers quality industrial space with a complete manufacturing environment.
An integrated industrial township concept with full infrastructure, the Park provides industrial vacant plots and ready-built factories including professionally-managed utilities as well as an efficient one-stop business centre to assist investors in getting the necessary permits and licenses to set up facilities and operations within the park.
- Please note that this event is restricted to French Chamber members only -
About the speakers
- Pak Purnomo ANDIANTONO, Director of Promotion and Public Relation - BIFZA (Batam Indonesia Free Zone Authority)
Purnomo Andiantono is the Director of Promotion and Public Relation in BIFZA (Batam Indonesia Free Zone Authority). He holds a Degree in Civil Engineering from Diponegoro University, Central Java Indonesia and a Master of Science in Housing Studies from Salford University, United Kingdom.
He has been with BIFZA since 1998 and has a vast experience working in several departments such as the Head of Social Environment and Settlement Subsection in 1998, a Member of the technical team for Batam-Rempang-Galang Bridge, the member of Interdept Team for the Development of Batu Ampar Port, Batam Island. Upon holding these appointments, he became the Head of Transportation Planning Section from 2002 to 2008 and Head of Business Development and Cooperation Section from 2008 to 2013.
Since 2013, he was appointed as Director of Investment and Marketing, and since 2015 until recently, he serves as the Director for Promotion and Public Relation of BIFZA.
The main task of his position now is to promote Batam and attracts investment to come to Batam which will then help the region to grow and prosper in the global competitive market.
- Mr Edmund LAI, Head of Marketing, Gallant Venture Ltd
Edmund Lai is the Head of Riau Investment Marketing in Gallant Venture Ltd. In this role, he heads the investment promotion of Batamindo Industrial Park, Bintan Industrial Estate and Bintan Resorts located in the Riau Islands Province of Indonesia. Edmund has been active in the field of industrial estate development in Indonesia.
Prior to his current role, he held various positions with Sembcorp Parks Management since early 2008, focusing on investment promotion, planning and business development and management of industrial park in Indonesia. He was appointed Deputy General Manager on 2012, heading the investment promotion of Kendal Industrial park, a 2,700 hectares integrated township in Central Java Province, Indonesia.
He also has prior marketing experience in the Industrial estate sector of Iskandar Malaysia. Edmund specializes in marketing for the past 15 years where he holds a bachelor degree in Business (marketing) from university of Canberra, Australia.
Terms & Conditions
- This event is for members only.
- Full payment is required upon registration.
- Should you need to cancel, please do so no later than two working days before the date of the event.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- Please note that photographs and videos may be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes.