08:30 to 12:30
03 Oct 2012
Key Objectives and Takeaways:
The world is going global but managing efficiently across cultures still remains a challenge. Knowing the cultural orientations of your business partners and team members is essential to your success in Singapore and the APAC region.
The key objectives of this workshop are:
- To develop managers’ cross cultural competencies.
- To allow them to effectively manage cultural diversity and,
- Optimise their cross-cultural interactions and enhance their global leadership skills.
Section 1: Cultural Foundation Competency Development:
- Definition of culture and the iceberg concept.
- Stages of your intercultural competency development and how to move through the stages.
- Introduction to the key values in the APAC region.
- Examples of APAC countries values; Your Personal Values.
- Self awareness: debrief on gaps and similarities.
- Behavioural adaptation.
Section 2: Business Competency Development – Managing and communicating effectively in the APAC region:
- The Dimensions of culture framework.
- Definition of value based business dimensions and their impact on leadership styles, communicating and doing business in the region.
- Personal profile on the dimensions: Identification of personal key strengths and potential challenges .
- Strategy to bridge the gaps; Application on specific country profiles ; Expanding your global skills: Leadership styles and corporate cultures in APAC.
At the end of the workshop, participants will reflect on their action plan for self development and skills enhancement.
Number of participants:
5 to 15
Who should participate?
- Western corporate executives and managers doing business in the APAC region or relocating in this region.
- Multi-cultural teams managers.
- Global leaders.
- HR managers.
- Individuals willing to develop their self awareness for professional and personal competencies development.
About the Trainer:
Mrs Catherine Claudepierre, Managing Director, Cross-Culture Link
Cross-Culture Link (CCL) helps global managers to develop their leadership competencies and cross cultural management skills by providing tailored one to one and group trainings in the APAC region.
Cross-Culture Link’s Managing Director, Catherine Claudepierre, has more than 10 years professional experience as a trainer, facilitator and coach in the APAC region focusing on helping managers to increase their personal and professional effectiveness in this region.
- Trainings: Cross-cultural trainings, essentials of leadership (leading multicultural teams, managing people performance, implementing change, coaching...), conflict resolution and Influencing skills, negotiation skills, communication and presentation skills.
- Personality assessment: MBTI profiling level 1 and 2 for professional and career development, self awareness and team building.
- Executive coaching.
Terms and conditions:
- All prices are GST included
- All payments must be received at least one week before the date of the session
- No refund if cancellation less than one week before the date of the session
- The French Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to cancel the session with refund if the number of registrations is below the minimum requested