09:00 to 14:00
10 Apr 2018
Please note that this event is fully booked.
Registrations are now closed. If you would like to be on the waiting list, please contact Guillaume - email@example.com
We are pleased to welcome the French business community from both Malaysia and Singapore for an outlook on smart city.
As we know Iskandar Malaysia is set to become Southern Peninsular Malaysia's most developed region. Designed with investors in mind, the region will enjoy state-of-the-art facilities,full infrastructure and a one-stop business centre to ensure business transactions are fast, seamless and convenient. This session will provide an outlook at development smart cities, focusing on Forest City and Medini situated within Iskandar Malaysia.
- Please note that this event is restricted to French Chamber members only -
09h30 - Arrival of Guest and Registrations
10h00 - Welcoming address by the Chief Minister of Johor
10h00 - Opening remarks, H.E Frederic Laplanche,French Ambassador to Malaysia.
10h15 - Presentation of Johor's projects in the field of sustainable and smart cities by IRDA.
- Video and presentation of a virtual 3D demonstrator developed for Astana
- Views on what new equipment and services can bring to improve energy efficiency and create a sustainable city
- views on how urban growth and public transport needs can be reconciled?
- views on how a city can be smart connected through engineering, Internet and big data.
12h00 - Networking Lunch hosted by Johor State Investment Centre
Afternoon Session (Optional)
14h00 - Site visits to Forest City and Medini*
17h00 - End of program
The event will include a visit to Forest City and Medini, Forest City is a mega development and a joint venture project between China and Malaysia and shall become the standard demonstration zone of "One Belt One Road" in Southeast Asia. It is strategically located adjacent to Singapore,approximately 5km from the Second Link and 40 minutes to Singapore CBD. Medini is a 2,300 acres (9.3 km2) urban township development planned for a population of 450,000 by 2030.
Medini is among Malaysia’s largest single urban development and will become the smart and connected Central Business District of Iskandar Puteri. The gross development value of Medini stands at US$20 billion spanning 15 to 20 years. It will also be an opportunity to extend your network with both governmental bodies and private companies in the region.
Terms & Conditions
- This event is for members only.
- Coach Transportation for the tour as per itinerary will be provided (*). Transportation to Kota Iskandar is on own arrangement.
- Full payment is required upon registration.
- Should you need to cancel, please do so no later than two working days before the date of the event.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- Please note that photographs and videos may be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes.