09:00 to 11:00
20 Apr 2018
Please note that this event is fully booked.
The Singapore-ETH Centre was established in Singapore in 2010 as a joint initiative between ETH Zurich and Singapore’s NRF, as part of the NRF’s CREATE campus. The centre frames two research programmes: the Future Cities Laboratory (FCL) and the Future Resilient Systems (FRS). The centre aims to strengthen the capacity of Singapore and Switzerland to research, understand and actively respond to the challenges of global environmental sustainability.
The first phase of FCL ran from 2010 – 2015. The second phase began in 2015 and will be completed in 2020. FCL’s academic partners include Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
The visit of Singapore ETH Centre (SEC) and Future Cities Laboratory (FCL) will include a presentation of the center, its research program and a discussion of emerging issues and practices in smart cities and sustainable urban planning.
The program as follows:
- Introduction and Welcome: Jonathan Denis-Jacob, Research Manager and Urban Planner
- Presentation of the Big-Data Informed Project Urban Design and Governance: Fabien Clavier, Project Coordinator and Urban Planner
- Presentation of the Cooling Singapore project: Constant Van Aerschot: Expert in Public Policy
- Presentation of the Dense and Green Building project Typologies: Thibault Pilsudski, Researcher and urban planner
- Questions and discussions
- Please note that this event is restricted to French Chamber members only -
Terms & Conditions
- This event is for members only.
- Full payment is required upon registration.
- Should you need to cancel, please do so no later than two working days before the date of the event.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- Please note that photographs and videos may be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes.